Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Knitting and Reading


I have been enjoying lots of knitting.
The vest on the left is the Shalom, and is for me!  I used size 10 circular needles and Peace Fleece yarn.

The pattern for the little sweater vest on the right is one I adapted from the Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann.  I am looking forward to working up different versions of this top-down pattern in many sizes and some with sleeves as well.  I need to sand the maple buttons Mike made for me and then sew them on.

I am reading through Cold Antler Farm and love Jenna's writing - her humor and passion is contagious.  Keeping the dream alive!

My more intellectual reading is Creation of the Heart of Man.  This is a study on the Orthodox Christian perspective on environmentalism.  I am working on my own study of environmentalism and Christianity because my heart tells me that the two go hand and hand, so I am digging into what the Bible says about this topic and am reading viewpoints and thoughts from other authors.

Joining in today with Ginny.

3 comments:

  1. Love both of your vests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a shalom last year on 10's, with Peace Fleece in a grey - zarya fog, I believe it was. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've loved mine! - Karis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you agree that Christianity and Environmentalism (of a kind) go hand in hand, so few people seem to see it, yet to me it is so obvious .... bless you and do please write about your findings.

    ReplyDelete