Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yarn Along - Knitting Another Vest and Reading a Good Book


Still working on a row here and there on the blanket that I shared last week.

So as not to get bored, I am working on using up yarn I have on hand and knit up a beanie hat using a simple pattern from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies.  I added a wool felt heart applique.

Also, using Peace Fleece yarn I had in my yarn basket, I cast on for a size 3T Plain Vest.

I am reading Love Does by Bob Goff and am enjoying it very much.  It is really about how God uses the everyday, including our very flawed selves, in very extraordinary ways and how sometimes we need to be persistent and not decide that a path isn't the right one just because there are challenges along the way.  The author reflects on his own life which included the time he was denied admittance to every law school he applied to, but was determined to get into one school and sat on a bench outside the Dean's office for days.  Every time the Dean walked by he would tell the Dean that all he had to do was tell him to "go buy his books".  Eventually the Dean said those words.

Joining in with Ginny.

5 comments:

  1. That little heart is so sweet. Love the shade of the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when stash yarn comes in handy, saves money (sort of) and saves an outing! Love the hat and the sweater in the photo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stitch are you using in that adorable little hat? I love the addition of the heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      The hat is a 2 x 2 ribbing on the bottom and then just the garter stitch for the rest.
      Warmly,
      Tonya

      Delete
  4. Those vests are so cute! I should try some Peace Fleece wool sometime. That is adorable - the felt heart adds such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete