Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Working on a Pattern


Still really enjoying this book.

Also, I am again working on the pattern for a very simple knit sweater.  I like knit patterns that avoid double pointed needles so this is one that will require some sewing up of seams but can be knit without having to pay too much attention.  That is a good thing in our house where counting stitches doesn't work very well with all of the distractions.  I would think there are other knitters out there like myself that prefer really simple patterns.

I do look forward to the day, though, when I do have stretches of time where I can challenge myself with a challenging pattern, but that time isn't now.

This sample is knit with some heavy worsted weight wool that I hand dyed in a mossy color and I am using size 10 circular needles, only to hold all of the stitches but the sweater is knit back and forth in sections until the yoke.  I think it will be about a size 4.

Joining in with Ginny.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn. Isn't it great that there are patterns for all kinds of knitters? I hate seaming... but you don't like knitting in the round! I'm glad there's something for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm excited! I prefer simple patterns and not knitting in the round too so cant wait to see what you come up with. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a bit of both and I am with you on the counting stitches. I really want to knit a shawl but I am not sure if it is the best project for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you and for the same reasons, I far and away prefer simple patterns. Won't it be something, though, when we can grow into complex pattern knitting? Actually, on second thought, I have mixed feelings about that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to plug my ears to count stitches! Looking forward to seeing how the pattern turns out and I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's me too. I always think it's funny when people say they get bored of knitting when their pattern doesn't challenge them. I am the complete opposite. If it is a simple pattern (especially in stockinette) then that means I can work on it while I help with homework, or do a row in the couple of minutes between packing lunches and leaving for work, or while I'm chatting with the family because I don't have to pay too much attention to the actual knitting. I look forward to seeing the final result.

    ReplyDelete