Monday, October 21, 2013

This and That

The mornings are getting cooler.  The little ones are the first to wake up will stay near the wood stove while the house warms up.


We were blessed to have some visitors on Friday for lunch.  It was really great to get to know another family that lives intentionally and to meet another blogger in person.   Annie is a sweet gentle soul and I think that we would become closer friends if we lived near one another.  They shared some of their honey and some hand dyed yarn.


Over the weekend I have been knitting and taking notes on a simple sweater pattern.  Still trying to decide if it is something I enjoy doing or not.  It is a bit stressful as I worry that others would not be able to understand it all.  When I am done, perhaps I could ask for some test knitters?


We went to a friend's open house yesterday afternoon.  She designed a really neat house and worked alongside the builders adding all kinds of unique details.

Abe on horse back.

Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Tonya


7 comments:

  1. Your friend's house looks like it must be stunning. I love all the natural elements. You are so lucky to be able to meet with another blogger who lives intentionally as you do...I just wrote about something like that last week. And lastly, I love the colour choice for your sweater. I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of attempting some knitting pattern writing myself, but have yet to be brave enough to jump in! I'd love to test knit for you when you need it :)

    Kathleen
    miln922@hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have visitors who live similarly! And that honey looks delicious! If you decide to ask for some test knitters, and need some intermediate level knitters, would love to test for you :-) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is getting cold, isn't it!
    How wonderful that you got to meet Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having visitors is always nice. The house you shared is beautiful. I had to smile at the picture of your littles huddled near the woodstove, it brought back memories are my own little ones doing that very same thing on cold mornings :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so nice to see a photo of your woodstove fence. Our youngest is just starting to crawl and I have been wondering the best way to fence off the woodstove in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of the littles by the wood stove. :) The honey and yarn look delicious! I'd also be interested in test knitting, if you need another person to help. Your friend's house is lovely!

    ReplyDelete