Tuesday, August 6, 2013

All in a Day's Work...

... or play, depending upon how you look at it.


I bought an unwashed fleece and we are washing bits of it at a time on clear sunny days.


After dyeing the wool, I laid it out on some bubble wrap to make a scarf and then rolled the wrap up and dunked it in and out of hot soapy water to try and felt the wool.    It actually came out pretty well.   I think I will just need to needle felt it in a few spots.

wanting to help

Mike grabbed some science text books at recycling and Sarah decided to do one of the experiments showing how a cell membrane works.  I love self-directed learning.


future rock star


The first thing I am going to make out of Rosemary Gladstar's new medicinal herb book is a calendula salve.


I love seeing this.


Our first cabbage which will become sauerkraut and I saved the outer leaves to try some natural dyeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment