Monday, March 18, 2013

This past weekend






we had pancakes for breakfast with our own maple syrup 

listened to Sarah (at the ripe age of almost nine) call me to listen to her read from a book that she picked up beside my bed - How Children Fail by John Holt
"For children, the central business of school is not learning, whatever this vague word means; it is getting these daily tasks done, or at least out of the way, with a minimum of effort and unpleasantness."  
I loved this.

I spent some time organizing - this is a constant work in progress

made Sand Cookies from Good to the Grain - a shortbread type cookie with not a lot of sugar that I can share with Emmy without worrying about her having too much sweetness

enjoyed friends that came to visit and made a Citrus Kale salad to share - very yummy!

How was your weekend?
Warm wishes,
Tonya

1 comment:

  1. What a happy weekend you've had! Mine was spent visiting our daughter's family almost 400 miles from our home. I begin the drive home this morning. First I'm washing all the bedding so the house will be in shape when she returns from work tonight. I've been here a week and it's so hard to leave our little granddaughter. But hubby is at home, working, and I SO miss him. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete