Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Knitting and Reading


I just need to add the sleeves to this Mira sweater - pattern by The Sitting Tree.  I have been using up bit of yarn and think that I am going to use the color shown ( a beautiful hand dyed yarn from Springtree Road that  I just received in a barter) for the arms and then finish the cuff in the same dark purple as the bottom edge.  I hope it isn't too much but I am happy to be using up the yarn I have.

I borrowed these children's books from the library and just love the beautiful illustrations.   The stories are sweet as well.  The author is Paul Kortepeter and  Susan Wheeler is the illustrator.

Also, I am so glad I took Radical Homemaking off my shelf to read through again.  It is just the reminders I need as to why our family makes many of the choices we do.

"When we regain connection with all that sustains us, we regain the creative spirit.  We rediscover the joy that comes with using our hands and our minds in union to nourish, nurture, and delight in our families; we tap the source of true creative satisfaction...."
- Shannon Hayes from Radical Homemakers


What are you reading and knitting this week?

Joining in with Ginny and many others for today's Knit Along.


16 comments:

  1. Your Mira sweater looks fabulous and I love that you are using all the different yarns, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Radical Homemakers and wondered if it was worth reading. I think I'll look for it at the library the next time I go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya your knitting is just beautiful...I really like your Mira sweater. How is your blanket coming along...I just started to crochet a light summer blanket because of you..I too need some mindless crocheting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee,
      I am still working on the blanket - but am still on the green yarn so decided not to take a picture today. Looking forward to seeing your blanket.
      Warmly,
      Tonya

      Delete
  4. The sweater is looking great, Tonya! I love the multi colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sweater looks amazing! :)
    i have read Radical homemakers... i liked a lot of it, and some of it just rubbed me the wrong way. i would love to talk to others who have read it and see what they think. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweater looks wonderful.
    I'd completely forgotten that I wanted to read this book, I must put it on my next book order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The striping on that little sweater is so nice! It will be so pretty when it is finished. Radical Homemakers has been on my To Read list for a long time... I think it's time to request it from the library now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sweater! I haven't been adventurous enough yet in my knitting to try a sweater, but yours is so beautiful. I love being inspired by the other yarn along-ers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater looks great! I have wanted to read Radical Homemakers, that quote has made me add it to my must read soon list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sweater, the colors are so pretty together! Here is my blog about the sweater I just finished.....
    http://therumseyfarmyear.blogspot.com/2013/02/books-and-yarn.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Radical Homemakers sounds good! And the stripy sweater looks so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous sweater!! Love the yarn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Tonya

    So nice to pop by this morning..A lovely lilac cardi.

    Hope you are well~

    Lots of love to you
    Suzanne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sweater! I've been wanting to read that book as well, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Radical Homemakers, it inspires me every time I read it : )

    ReplyDelete