Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along


I really like the new Peace Fleece colors and thought they would look nice in a striped blanket - almost rainbow colors all in rustic shades - marigold, wild mustard, phoebe, indigo smoke, and porterfield smoke.  So far I have used up one skein.  This will be something I will do when I need mindless knitting so it will probably take some time to finish.  

While browsing the library on Saturday I saw An Irish Country Wedding by Patrick Taylor and knew that I had seen it recommended on some Yarn Along posts in the past.
It is a light fun read - perfect for before falling asleep, plus medicine and healing is an interest of mine.

A friend lent me, Natural Goat Care by Pat Coleby.  It has been on my wish list for some time.  I am taking notes as I go along.

Looking forward to the sharing today at Ginny's Yarn Along.

15 comments:

  1. It really will be a lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go back to the first Patrick Taylor--An Irish Country Doctor. It's much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is going to be so cheery! I haven't used Peace Fleece before, but it looks like something I would like.
    We have been talking about purchasing a few goats for here so I will have to keep an eye out for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't knit with peace fleece yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Don't you love it when you find things from your wishlist in the library?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the colors. That sounds like a good book - I keep coming across it too, maybe I'll look for it next time I'm at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the Pat Coleby book is one of our favourites! It's a mine of information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors. Enjoy the books and your knitting time also :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Irish Country Doctor but none of the follow-ups. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.
    Those are beautiful colours together - I love that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your blanket is going to look great, such great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colours are going to make a beautiful blanket. Books sounds fun, is it the sequel to Irish Country Doctor? I read it a while back but don't remember the name of the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those colors! They go together really well. I haven't heard of Peace fleece before. I might have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful colors for a blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i would love to knit a blanket like that, how cozy it will be.

    ReplyDelete