Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yarn Along


This week I am still reading Minister's Wooing by Harriet Beecher Stowe. I am enjoying the language - even reading aloud to myself, but I haven't found the story all that engaging.  I am not sure if I will finish it or not.

But, I have been really enjoying reading Wandering Through Winter by Edwin Way Teale - He wrote four books (one for each season) back in the 60's or - each about travelling across the country during each season.  It is fun to learn geography and also about nature and animals, etc.

For knitting, Abraham has requested some purple mittens for his birthday next week.  I just decided to add a brown stripe.  

Looking forward to sharing all of the reading and knitting today at Ginny's Yarn Along.

Warm wishes,
Tonya


13 comments:

  1. What lovely warm mittens, a very special birthday gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and crocheting for me...I haven't learned to knit yet,but will someday. My daughter is the knitter.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is lovely! I like the combination of the two colors also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those mittens look great so far. :) i love purple myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of Abraham's mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mitten making! Those books sound fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple! They look like they'll be nice and warm too.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a boy who requests mama knits for his birthday!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of those mittens, he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so cozy! Fun reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet mittens! Those books sound so interesting especially the travel one. Thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tonya ~ I just found you via Marqueta's 'Sweete Felicity' blog. I feel like you about God, Nature and simplicity si I will enjoy your blog, I can see that!

    I love your header photos...very sweet.
    x Alex

    ReplyDelete