Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knitting and Reading

I finished the In Threes little Sweater/Vest. It was really fun
and simple to knit.  I did knit the smallest size, but it came out more like a 6 - 12 month
I think.



I am working on the Little Coffee Bean cardigan with some yarn from 
our local yarn shop in a 25% wool/75% acrylic.  
I made the largest 12 month size and it is coming out true to size.  (So it is just a wee bit too small for Emmy and I have to find another pattern to make a cardigan in 2T or so.)  This is a really nice simple 
top down pattern for an infant.

I don't have a really good bedside book right now, but did bring home some books from the 
library that I am enjoying. 
The new Above Rubies, a Christian ministry for women, arrived and is full of encouragement and stories about how God has worked in the lives of various families.

Looking forward to all the sharing today at Ginny's Knit Along.

19 comments:

  1. That little pink sweater is Oh so sweet! I have it in my favs at Ravelry too. I really like the striped sweater as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these! Particularly the grey and white stripes. I also love above rubies. I have been reading my mum's copies since I was a teen, and now I am nearing 30 she still passes them on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet little baby knits...keeping babies warm is so important. I've heard good things about the above rubies program, some ladies at the homeschool group have a little club based on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is darling! I just got my copy of AR yesterday and enjoyed it last night:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby knit. I just found out a friend of the family is going to have her first grandchild so I finally get to knit for a wee little one again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink sweater is precious! I love the pattern. My Above Rubies is on my nightstand - I've only had time to read snippets, but am finding much encouragement as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking at the coffee bean cardigan pattern a while ago, now you keep mentioning it, maybe I will try it and see if I can get a newborn size.
    I hope you are all well Tonya, and I hope your chickens are safe!
    Love, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. that wee little pink sweater is so cute. i really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, knitting for small children, what a treat, I didn't when my girls were small, so I can't wait to have grandchildren at some point when I can still knit so that I can knit up a storm. I love your two projects, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, the coffee bean cardi is looking great in those subtle stripes. And that soft pink In Threes! So darling!

    I just put up a free baby/toddler vest pattern. If you need a quick knit using up some stash, it might be e project you're looking for.
    http://www.larksongknits.com/2012/10/23/free-babytoddler-vest-pattern/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love both of those sweaters! your hands have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. precious little knits!!! i love the sweet colors! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tonia...the sweater came out just adorable! It is quite precious to knit for little ones :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both your sweaters are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a sweet sweater! I recently saw that sweater on ravelry and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete