Monday, March 12, 2012

Thankful Monday...










Sometimes on Mondays I have a bit of a hard time getting back into a routine and feel overwhelmed,  so I thought I would think of what I am thankful for right now - 

*Spending time with my daughter, Abby this morning, reading and studying Beautiful Girlhood together

*My children's creativity - Abraham making a caterpillar of pattern blocks and Sarah painting a rock she just found outside

*Lots of eggs from the chickens to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner (though not all on the same day)

*Not boiling the maple syrup too long today (I over boiled the first batch to nearly a granulated state)

*Today's warm beautiful weather that is melting the snow

*That it will still be light enough after supper to go for a walk


Wishing you a wonderful week.
Warm wishes,
Tonya

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful glimpse into your day! You have much to be thankful for. I'm just the opposite when it comes to Mondays. I'm always gung-ho on Monday mornings. I love getting back to the routine and setting the house to rights (I never seem to get any housework done on the weekend). Thanks for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh told me that the settlers in NE would boil their maple sugar to a sugar instead of making maple syrup. Maybe you can use yours for a sweetener?! Love the creativity going on.
    CathyT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things to be thankful for. Thank you for this lovely glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Hopefully you will realize that you probably made a lot of people smile today with those pictures! lol you can add that to your gratitude list.

    Beautiful Girlhood is such a sweet book, old fashioned but so relevant and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day you had Tonya! What blessings :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great things! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Tonya! It is the simple things in life which bring such joy!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delight to see you are reading Beautiful Girlhood.
    It surely is a sign of spring when you can take a walk after supper.
    Our robins are back - in Pennsylvania. I remember in March watching the robins congregate on the small bare patches of grass in Maine where the snow was melting just in time. That was the first sign of spring for me.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete