Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Painting with Sarah

With Abraham napping and big sister, Abby, camping with grandparents, I offered to take out the acrylic paints for Sarah and I to do some painting.

Remembering some old calenders that had been given to us, I took one out with some simple and abstract paintings.

I told her she certainly didn't need to copy any of the pictures, but perhaps she would like to look through it for inspiration.



As she worked, I sat down with her and painted some birch branch pieces to make into simple children's necklaces.

It was so nice to enjoy these precious moments of one on one time that are rare in our home.

Warm wishes for a beautiful day with your families,
Tonya

11 comments:

  1. I love those quiet moments with my children. Lovely blog, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those rainbow necklaces will be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these photos. i'm sure it was such a special time. some of my favorite moments have been painting with my own daughter. i love watching her mouth as she concentrates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet those necklaces are!!! And how wonderful to have some nice quality one on one time with your little girl!! So precious!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!
    She is so peaceful~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some happy necklaces! Rainbows make me giddy. I love having that one on one time. Even one with two is rare and precious! Painting and jewelry-making - what an awesome way to spend some quiet time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cherrish one on one time with my girls. It doesn't happen very often here. The rainbow necklaces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah looks very peaceful painting! Very beautiful rainbows to make necklaces out of. What a great idea. Be blessed, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah has done a lovely interpretation of the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What joyful, sweet pictures!
    I love the little rainbows.

    ReplyDelete